Monday, August 3, 2009

17 weeks.

Hey, the baby on the right is actually starting to get chubby! Cool!

So, I'm 17 weeks today. For some reason, I was pretty excited about that this morning. That seems so far along, like I never thought I would make it to this point. Only 2 more weeks until our big u/s! And only 3 more weeks until I reach the halfway point!

17 weeks = onion!


I've also started to think about nursery furniture more. I had originally posted some pics of some furniture I liked off of JCPenney's website, but I learned that they don't carry it in their stores. You can only order it from their catalog or website. Once I learned that, I pretty much decided that I don't want to order furniture without seeing it in person first.

I went out to a baby boutique with my mom at lunch today to look at a line of furniture (Munire) that is highly recommended. I wanted to get a feel for it in person to see if I actually liked it. They had some nice pieces, but most important, I learned that I didn't want a hutch after all. I'm afraid it would be too big and over-powering feeling in the baby's room.

So I think I've figured out that I want a crib, a short dresser/changer, and then a tall dresser/armoire. After consulting my baby bargains book, I learned that Munire actually has a less expensive line through BRU, called Baby Cache. I looked online and really liked this set:




Now to find out if they carry it in the local BRU here. It says online that they at least carry the crib, so I'm going to call just to make sure. I definitely want to go check it out in person before ordering it. Maybe I can convince B to go with me tonight to check it out. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. You made a good choice re:not buying what you can't actually get a feel for.
    That's funny-I don't like hutch's either. It is a lot.

    ReplyDelete