
So I finally learned the fate of my furniture on Friday afternoon. It's a big fat no. They told me that basically everything in that color is sold out, and of course, the other colors aren't discounted 40% because they aren't being discontinued. So I am out of luck. I guess when they say it's too good to be true, it usually is.
B and I went out looking at furniture on Saturday. I had kind of scoped out 2 other brands that were in our price range the week prior (since I knew I might not get the other set). So I wanted him to check out the 2 sets I was eyeing to get his opinion. We ended up deciding to purchase this set:

Very contemporary, which is what I tend to be drawn to. It gets good ratings too, so that's good. We ordered the crib, the tall 5 drawer dresser/chest, the 6 drawer double dresser, which will double as the changing table, and the bed rails to convert it to a full bed later on down the road. They were actually running a special on it, since it was a set they had in stock and wanted to get rid of. So there will be no waiting for it to come in. We just have to arrange for them to deliver it. Which will probably be next weekend.
In other news, we are also in the process of buying a new baby mobile. Well, not new. Just new to us. It's a silver 2007 Acura MDX. We put a deposit down over the weekend on it, but haven't picked it up yet because it's located in another state. So we will either take one day off this week, or drive up there on Saturday to pick it up.
I'm excited because it will become my car. And now my husband can drive the piece of crap I was driving. Actually, I'm just bitter because it broke down on me on Friday and I'm still pissed about it. So it's in the shop right now being fixed. And I'm without a car. So once it's fixed, it will become his daily driver and he can deal with it's crappiness from now on. Our plan is to then sell his current daily driver. Which shouldn't be too difficult since it's a really good reliable car and is at a price point that most people can afford.
And no belly shot at the moment. But I will take one tonight and try to remember to post it tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment