Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2 weeks.

So Baby Nate is 2 weeks old now. Things are going pretty well. I'm still getting used to my crazy hormones and the lack of sleep, but things do seem to be getting easier. He has given me a few nights in a row now where he is sleeping 3-4 hour stretches between feedings, so that at least gives me 2-3 hours of sleep at a time, which is nice. Granted, it's totally random at this point since he's so young.

He had a pedi check up the other day and he is almost back up to his birth weight. He lost slightly more than 10% while in the hospital, so they are pretty pleased that he's put so much back on. I guess that means my milk has officially come in too, since he has gained so well. That's definitely one of the things I find tough about breastfeeding. I really have no idea how much he's getting. Top off the fact that he's such a big boy, I worry that he's getting enough. But I guess he is given his weight and the number of wet and poopy diapers he has (which the pedi told me to watch for).

As for me, I weighed myself this morning and so far, I've lost 30 of the 45 lbs I gained during pregnancy. I'm pretty happy with that considering I'm only 2 weeks post partum. Breastfeeding is supposed to help weight loss too, so I hope it continues to fall off like it has been. I took some pics to monitor the progress I've been making.

This first one is my very last belly shot I took on the morning of Nate's birth. I don't think I ever posted it.

This is 1 week post partum.

And this is 2 weeks post partum.

Making progress, slowly but surely!

I also took some pics of Nate on his 2 week birthday earlier in the week. These were my favorites.



And this one is from today. Another cute one IMO. It's amazing how different he already looks in just 2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. He is too cute-I enjoyed seeing both of you Saturday. I hope we didn't snuggle him too much! ss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashley he is so adorable! Congrats on your little guy. I know I'm late, but he's a doll.

    ReplyDelete